- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 thai bird's eye chilis, finely minced (you can use 1 tbsp of another type of chili pepper if you cannot find these)
- 1 tbsp shallot, sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves (optional)
- Boil the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolved, set the liquid aside to cool.
- Peel and slice the cucumbers; finely mince the chilis; finely slice the shallot; and pick the cilantro leaves from the stems.
- Mix the cucumbers, chilis, shallot, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add the pickling liquid and serve.