While the chicken is the oven, make the dressing. Very finely chop the cilantro and combine it with the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Stir and set aside.
Ingredients (for 2):
Ingredients (for 4):
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Food processor (optional)
- Wooden skewers (optional)
- Finely mince the garlic and green chili peppers. Peel and grate the ginger. Add all three to a bowl.
- Add the tandoori masala, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt to the bowl. Stir to combine. Optional: run marinade through a food processor.
- Add the marinade to the diced chicken, cover, and refrigerate. Keep in the fridge for at least one hour, and up to one day.
- When ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 385 degrees Farenheit. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the pieces of chicken on it. Place in the oven once it is heated. Optional: place the diced chicken on skewers before placing on the foil.
- Cook the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over onto the other side and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook the chicken or it will become dry and tough.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the dressing by removing the cilantro leaves from their stems and very finely mincing the leaves. Combine the leaves with the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and pinch of salt. Stir and set aside.
- Chop the cucumbers, green onions, and tomatoes, and grate the carrots.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking and has cooled slightly, put the salad together. Combine the spinach, arugula, chickpeas, cucumber, green onions, tomato, and carrot. Pour some of the dressing onto the vegetables and toss to combine. Top with pieces of tandoori chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
| || |