Remove the chutney into a jar or bottle and keep refrigerated. If you are not going to use it for a few days, you can throw it in the freezer. When I know I want to use it, I typically put it in the fridge a few hours before, and then throw it back in the freezer when done using it!
- 1 green (unripe) mango
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 fingerhot chili pepper (or 2-3 Thai bird's eye chili peppers)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Peel and dice the mango.
- Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems. Wash and pat the leaves dry.
- Dice the chili pepper and peel and garlic clove.
- Combine the mango, chili pepper, and garlic clove in a food processor and chop.
- Add the cilantro leaves to the food processor and chop.
- Remove the contents of the food processor into a blender, or into a tall plastic container to use with a hand blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the mixture and blend.
- Add salt, sugar, and cumin and blend.
- Taste the chutney and add water, salt, sugar, and cumin--to taste--1/4th a teaspoon at a time.
| || |