Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Two hand-fulls of okra (bhindi)
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder (add more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (add more to taste)
- 1/4 piece of lemon
- Do not wash okra by running it under water; rather, use a wet cloth and wipe the okra clean.
- Cut okra into small "rounds" which are not too thin. Chop onion.
- Add oil to saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and stir until coated in oil.
- Add turmeric and stir until onions are coated with turmeric. Cover pan and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add okra and saute until slightly soft.
- Add red chili powder and salt, and saute until mixed in. Cover pan and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add roasted coriander powder and saute until mixed in. Cover pan and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add juice from lemon and increase heat to high to crisp okra.